Here are two shots of my progress with coffee filters - this one is spherical. When I was trying to figure out the logistics of attaching these, I thought that the filters should stay stiff and open. However, I only figured out my new method of fixing the grounds to the filters after I'd sewn this together, so when I did spray these with my acrylic and water mixture, the filters got wet and lost their stiffness, and their combined weight pulled them out of symetry, so that many of the filters re-dried squished. At first this depressed me, and I thought the piece was going to be a 'learn about process and move on' experience. Then I realized that the filters are much more interesting when they squish and fold in on each other. So I'm going to keep playing with this. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to myself in which to put in any kind of focused effort lately.